Top 5 Best Dark Mode chrome Extensions
Are you searching for the dark mode appearance on the web page? Then you are th right place. Here we have tried and tested Top 5 best Dark Mode Extensions for Google Chrome browser on PC.
Chrome does not support the dark mode where it applies in certain areas in chrome. But if you want a dark mode on the web page, you can fulfill your dark mode requirement using chrome Extensions. After installing any Extension, chrome shows you all on the right side of the address bar.
Why do we need a Dark mode chrome Extension?
Some people love black as their favorite color. So they love to keep black around them, it may be in the dress selection or smartphone, PC, TV color, etc., and many love the dark view as their preference in the web pages. They prefer web pages with white annotations on black as the background color.
Some websites have the dark mode as an option on the menu, but most of the website themes do not support dark mode; for example, in WordPress, there is no proper working plugin for the same.
Many people read articles or news at night time. When they start reading, their eyes feel strained due to white light coming out of the screen, which feels like blue light to the eyes. The color blue has smaller wavelengths, and this vibrates at higher energy.
To overcome such problems, we have compiled the Best dark mode Extensions for the Chrome browser that enable dark themes on all the websites.
Top 5 dark mode Google chrome Extensions
1. Dark reader
2. Dark mode
4. Turn Off the Lights
5. Dark Night Mode
Also read: Best Google chrome themes
This Extension helps you enable dark mode on your chrome browser to protect your eyes from bright light from the PC. This eye-care Extension enables night mode and creating a dark theme on all websites.
In addition, dark reader inverts bright colors, making them high contrast and easy to read at night for the user.
Features of dark reader Extension:
- The dark reader is a highly flexible Extension.
- It supports customized brightness and contrast as your need.
- The dark reader doesn’t show ads and supports up to 30 languages.
- It applies the dark mode in a dynamic theme also.
- We can easily adjust the sepia filter, font settings, and ignore-list.
- Allow choosing between Dynamic, Static, and Filter modes.
- It doesn’t send the user’s data to any third-party persons.
- It is fully open-source and Offered by https://darkreader.org.
Available dark reader Extension in browsers
- Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on PC or Mac.
From my point of view, this one is the best dark mode Google Chrome Extension. So install it and enjoy the dark theme.
Demo of dark reader Extension in chrome (video)
source: dark reader Youtube channel
2. Dark mode
Dark mode is another Extension where you can turn your pages into dark mode quickly. This Extension has limited features compared to other Extensions and offers different dark style options with different colors.
Features of dark mode Extension:
- The toolbar Button serves as an ON or OFF switch which helps in quickly turn the Extension ON or OFF.
- Support English language only.
Disadvantages of using dark mode Extension
- Available dark mode Extension in browsers
- You cannot customize the brightness or contrast manually as per your need.
It doesn’t work on all websites.
Available dark mode Extension in browsers
Another fantastic Extension for dark mode is moonR. Once you enable this Extension, it turns your browser’s bright light screen into dark mode quickly.
Features of moonR Extension:
- To enable the dark mode, you need to click on the Extension (on the right side of the address bar)
- Works faster
- It supports the English language only.
Disadvantages of using moonR Extension
- You cannot customize the brightness or contrast.
- Dark mode will be enabled for limited web pages.
- No extra features compared to other dark mode Extensions.
Available moonR Extension in browsers
MoonR Chrome Extension demo (video)
If you are primarily looking for a Dark mode Extension for videos. Then this Extension definitely helps you. You can make your favorite website theme into dark mode easily.
- The Turn Off the Lights Chrome Extension works on all websites and external video platforms such as YouTube, HTML5 <video> player, etc.
- Turn Off the Lights Chrome Extension supports 54 languages.
- It’s a 100% free and open-source browser Extension.
Disadvantages of using Turn Off the Lights Extension
- When you install the Turn Off Lights Chrome Extension for the first time, it comes in default settings that are the primary light on and off.
However, on the Turn off the Lights Options page, you can enable the Night Mode features.
Available Turn off the Lights Extension in browsers
Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Maxthon, Yandex, Brave, Vivaldi, and Microsoft Edge
Dark night mode is a free Extension that converts all the sites into bright light or night mode so that you can browse the internet without straining your eyes.
Features of Dark Night Mode Extension:
- You can set your starting time and ending time of dark mode, that is, at what time you will experience a dark theme.
- It has two simple options: increasing the brightness or decreasing the brightness for whitelisting the websites.
Disadvantages of using Dark Night Mode Extension
- Not works on all the websites.
Available Dark Night Mode Extension in browsers
- Mozilla Firefox and chrome
Is Dark mode Google chrome Extension Safe?
The chrome browser Extensions are highly secure because Google regularly updates its policy and always checks the Extension’s safety.
How do I delete the dark mode Chrome Extension?
If you have already installed the dark mode Extension but don’t know how to delete or remove the Extension in chrome. Then follow the below simple steps.
- First, you need to open your chrome browser
- At the top right side, you can see the three dots vertically, click on that
- Go to the more tools option and hover on it and once you find the Extensions option click on that.
- After that, select the Extensions you want to remove, click on the Remove option. And Done!
These all are the steps you need to follow to delete the dark mode Extension on chrome.
We have listed the Top 5 best dark mode chrome Extensions on the internet world above. With the help of these Extensions, you can convert your favorite websites into dark mode at any time.
So go through it and enjoy the dark mode and more importantly, make your eyes safe from white screen light. Let me know in the comment section.
Also Read: Hostinger hosting Review India 2023