If you are looking for the best free screenshot Google Chrome extension, then on this page I have shared the top 8 best screenshot extension for the Chrome browser along with their features, pros, and installation guide.
Before Directly dive into the screenshot extension, lets look at some of the basic questions related to screenshot Chrome extension.
Why we need a screenshot Chrome extension?
- capture the screenshot of the selected area within a quick time.
- Get advanced features such as full-page screenshots, scrolling screenshots, etc
- Increase the working speed
How screenshot Chrome extension differs from normal shortcut keys?
Well, To capture any images on the Chrome browser usually we enter the PrtSc button on Windows or the Cmd + Shift + 4 on Mac. That’s it, but you know it takes full entire page screenshot.
In some cases, even it catches the unwanted things (which we don’t want) such as URL bar, multiple tabs, etc. Again to remove those parts we have to go for some editing software. As you know that it consumes some of our valuable time.
What if we install screenshot extensions on the Chrome browser then within a fraction of second we can complete tasks easily and very effectively.
So there is no way to be successful without any effort but with the help of some tools or extensions we can increase our working speed faster.
Best chrome screenshot extension to capture web screen
1. Awesome Screenshot : Screen Video Recorder!
Awesome Screenshot is a screen capture and image annotation tool. Using this tool user can do multiple things such as scrolling screenshot, annotate screenshots, and screen recording videos as well.
It allows user to quickly capture any text or images on the web page ,after that immediately you can edit, Annotate, crop the images as you need, also this extension provides the functionality of directly save it into Google Drive, Jira, Slack, Trello, Asana, GitHub and even in local file.
More importantly, your upload image file size should be 2 MB only.
Features of Awesome Screenshot Chrome extension
Offered by: www.awesomescreenshot.com
- no 1 highest rated screenshot tool in the Google Web Store
- easy to capture the full page or selected area of images within the webpage
- supports 720P/1080P/4K resolution of screen recording videos
- provides additional toolbar of Annotate the screenshot
How to use awesome screenshot in chrome browser ?
- internet connection is a must without the internet this software is not useful
- you cannot enjoy this software on the other browser like Mozilla, Opera Mini
- the software allowed to capture the screenshot on the Chrome browser only
- extension doesn’t support the desktop screenshot
2. Take Webpage Screenshots Entirely — FireShot
Fireshot screenshot is same as the above one ,which is also the full page screenshot extension.
After taking the screenshot you can immediately edit, annotate and crop the images. Later you can save them to disk as PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP, and PDF format.
Features of Fireshot Screenshot Extension
Offered by: screenshot-program.com
- works in offline mode
- quick text annotation
- no ads, spyware, and unnecessary permissions
- save captured screenshot to disk as PDF (with links), PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP file extensions.
- save webpages to PDF with links.
3. Full Page Screen Capture (Chrome Extension)
It’s a simple and quite easy screenshot Chrome extension. You can capture a screenshot of the entire full page without any external permission.
To take a screenshot of the webpage you need to click on the extension icon or press the shortcut code Alt+Shift+P, After that when screenshot capturing is done ,an immediately new window will be open where you can easily download the different formats of images and pdf option you want.
Features of Full Page Screen Capture Chrome extension
Offered by: gofullpage.com
- Taking full page screenshot of the webpage
- Save the screenshot in various file formats including PNG, JPEG, or different PDF paper sizes.
- The interface could have been a little more user-friendly
- Available only on Chrome browser
4. Lightshot (screenshot tool) Extension
One of the best simple customizable screenshot Chrome extension in the web store. It is quite a simple interface and easy to use.
When you click on the extension it automatically opens screenshot in a new tab, and on that it will ask you to select any part of the webpage ,
Simply drag the cursor and select the area in which you want to capture text, images on the screen.
After that immediately it displays the editing toolbar option on the right side where on that you can edit text, draw a rectangle, line, etc ,
Once your editing part is done in the below side you can see the multiple options related to file saving or upload print option based on the aim of your work you can locate the screenshot of the file easily.
Features of Full Page Screen Capture Chrome extension
Offered by: https://app.prntscr.com
- easy to use and simple user interface extension
- upload screenshot to the cloud server
- copy screenshot in clipboard
- search similar-looking screenshot on the Google
- Lightshot opens screenshot in a new tab
- it can capture a screenshot of visible part of the webpage that doesn’t support the scrollable screenshot.
- it reads browser history
5. Webpage Screenshot — Entire page screenshot!
Another popular screenshot extension for the Chrome browser. It is Best fit for capturing the whole page screenshot.
With the help of onboard editor you can do multiple things based on your aim of the task, such as annotate with lines, rectangles, circles, arrows, and text even with the help of the spray tool you can easily hide or blur the sensitive information. Furthermore, You can save the screenshot on your computer as PNG, PDF, and upload to drive also.
Features of Full Page Screen Capture Chrome extension
Offered by: webpagescreenshot.info
- the software runs even in offline mode
- open-source extension and webcam screenshot Capture
- edit the content of the webpage before taking a screenshot
- social media sharing option
- unlimited free storage for storing screenshot images online
- the extension doesn’t collect any kind of data
6. One Click Full Page Screenshot extension
Clean, simple, and easy to use screenshot extension. Within one click you can capture the entire webpage screenshot or part of the area of a screenshot on the webpage.
If you want to capture full page screenshot of a current window then you need to click on the extension or Alt+Shift+P shortcode key,
After that it captures each part of the webpage, and transport to a new tab of your screenshot and there you can edit your images using simple toolbar option once your editing option is done, download and save it in your local file.
Features of One Click Full Page Screenshot Capture Chrome extension
Offered by: DesignThinking Inc.
- no signup option
- simple and ads-free extension
- easy to capture the full length of the web page in a single PNG image.
- suppose if a webpage is too large then it spilt the screenshot images into separate tabs
7. Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder
The Best good alternative for the awesome screenshot capture & annotate extension. The best feature about this extension is you can take screenshots or record videos without internet connection.
Yes guys, even without the registration process also you can share your screenshot to your friends or family members.
Furthermore, this extension provides great features on-screen recording you can record webpage, desktop even the customizable video screen resolution and frame rate.
Features of Nimbus Screenshot Chrome extension
Offered by: nimbusweb.me
- it can run even in offline mode
- no need for the registration process
- crop, blur, annotate toolbar image option
- advanced features on-screen recording
8. Blipshot: one-click full-page screenshots
Another most popular screenshot extension is Blipshot. With the help of Blipshot, you can capture the screen shoot simply drag and drop. It allows users to take a full-page screenshot in just one click.
Features of Blipshot Chrome extension
Offered by: intenseminimalism.com
- full page screenshot
- save the images in PNG
- captured screenshot is saved with page name, date and time
FAQ related to chrome screenshot extension
1. How do you take screenshots on chrome without Chrome extension?
Instead of installing the screenshot extension on the chrome ,in a smarter way you can capture the screenshots within one click. Just follow the below step.
Step 1: Press the Ctrl+Shift+I shortcode key on Windows for mac Cmd+Option+I
step 2: Press the Ctrl+Shift+P short code on Windows, Ctrl+Shift+P (on mac)
step 3: Type the word screenshot
Step 4:Select the screenshot type (Full page screenshot or part of the screenshot on the webpage)
Step 4: Save the image on the PC
Step 5: Done.
2. How do I add a screenshot to Chrome extension?
Simply follow the below steps to get a screenshot Chrome extension on the Chrome browser.
- Go to the Google Chrome web store.
- In the search bar type your favorite best screenshot extension name
- After that, it displays the number of the screenshot Chrome extension list
- Click on add to the chrome button.
- After that one pop up window will display, select on add to chrome button
3. How To Screenshot on Windows 10 Using Snipping Tool?
4. How do I take a screenshot of a scrolling page on chrome?
Using windows Prtsc shortcut key it only captures the visible part of the screenshot but what if I want to capture the scrolling page of the screenshot then using a chrome screenshot extension it allows users to take the scrolling page screenshot easily on the chrome.
In this post, we have listed the best screenshot Chrome extension select one and go through the extension.
5. Why can’t I take screenshots in incognito mode?
Suppose if you are opened incognito mode on the Chrome browser suddenly, if you have got something on the screen important to be saved. Then maybe on the android phone, it cannot be possible to take a screenshot because the purpose of Incognito Mode is to keep privacy by avoiding any record.
But in the firebox browser, you can easily capture the screenshot on the incognito mode.
Where in case of a computer using screenshot extension or shortcut keys you can capture a full-page, selected area, or scrolling screenshot easily.
6. How to install the Chrome extension on the incognito mode?
If you have already installed any Chrome extension on the normal chrome mode then just hover and right-click on the extension after that you can see the manage extensions option just click on it.
It will open the particular extension settings, scroll below until you see the allow in incognito option simply enabled the button that’s it.
Now open your incognito mode window you can see the extension icon on the right side of the URL box. This is How you can install a chrome extension on the incognito mode.
7. How to Take Screenshot of a Webpage in Firefox Web Browser?
Using a screenshot extension you can easily capture the text, image screenshot on the Chrome browser. But in the case of the Firefox web browser even without extension also you can capture the screen shot easily.
Well to capture any selected area or full page screenshot on the webpage just right click on the webpage and select the screenshot element option(as mentioned in image).
Just drag and select the text or image you want to capture then once selecting the area is done save your image or copy the image as you need. That’s it.
This is how In a simple way you can capture the screenshot of a webpage in the firebox web browser easily.
As based on the rating and review on the above, I have shared the top 8 best screenshot extension for the Chrome browser.
Select one extension and install on your Chrome browser I will sure it will save your time whenever if you want to capture images or record the web page videos on the browser.
But still, you want to recommend some more screenshot extensions for internet users so feel free to share in the comment section.